Fire Ravages Glenbrook Gymnasium
Courtesy of The Press-Herald
Construction crews thought they were prepared in the event of a fire while working at Glenbrook's H.O. West Gymnasium; however, insulation from the 1970's and wind were more than they bargained for, according to Minden Fire Chief Kip Mourad.
"It's been determined that the cause of the fire was an accident," Mourad said. "It was caused from contractors cutting outside metal using a grinder.
"They had a water hose but they probably didn't know about the paper backed insulation from the 70's," Mourad continued. "They tried to put it out but the wind was blowing and it was just too much."